Ards and North Down Borough Council
In 2014, people in Ards and North Down elected 40 councillors to represent them in their new borough. On 1 April 2015 the new council for Ards and North Down was established, serving a population of 157,000 over 228 square miles.
We have an annual operating budget of approximately £46 million and a workforce of almost 1,000, delivering a range of services to local residents. These include refuse collection and disposal, street cleaning, recycling, community development, economic development, environmental health, building control, leisure services, parks and play areas, arts and tourism.
We have new powers including planning, off-street parking and responsibility for Donaghadee Harbour. From 2016, we will also have responsibility for enhanced economic, physical and social regeneration.
Community planning is a further new power that will have a significant impact upon how we engage with our residents and empower them to help us make decisions for the new Borough.
- Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council
- Ards and North Down Borough Council
- Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council
- Belfast City Council
- Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
- Derry City & Strabane District Council
- Fermanagh and Omagh District Council
- Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council
- Mid Ulster District Council
- Mid and East Antrim Borough Council
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council